Cool air, crunchy leaves and bright orange pumpkins is the highlight of October for my students. Field trips to the nearby farms to pick pumpkins is a fall favorite. We discussed what is found at a pumpkin farm. Here are a couple photos of our local farms and their produce.
Here is what you will need:
• Paper (9 x 12) sulphate paper
• Colored Pencils
• Watercolor paints, paint brushes, water,
• Placemat to keep table clean
• Sharpie -Thin
- With a pencil, create a farm truck in the lower portion of the paper. Art for Kids Hub has a great video on how to make a truck.
- Make a horizon line above the middle of the horizontal placed paper.
- Add a barn in the background with details: Silo, haystacks, fall trees and a field of corn.
Need help drawing barns check out our Nature Study: Barns in our shop.
- Add a pumpkin patch with lots of various sized pumpkins, with vines and stems.
- Once drawing is complete, color in smaller shapes with colored pencils. Then outline all the items in the drawing.
- The last step is to paint the sky and the ground. Let Dry.