25 In Art Club/ Flowers

Painted Paper Bouquets

20-Tissue flowersI was so in love with these painted paper flowers with coffee filter centers created by
Bess and her students and found over at It’s a HSES Arty Party!
I knew I had to have my students create some smaller versions.
Class One:
We first started with liquid watercolors and coffee filters. Students just drizzled the watercolors across the filters then painted with water to dilute the paint.
16-DSCN0583
Then students created a large vase on 18 x 24 construction paper. Next, came the beautiful painted paper petals. Students drew petals on the back of the various painted papers to create
 at least 3 large flowers.
1-DSCN0568

Lastly, the coffee filters were glued into the centers of the flowers. All together this project took 2- 40 minute classes. Everyone just loved these displayed in the office. I was even asked if staff could purchased them. Hmmm, maybe I have to think about that!

17-DSCN0584

9-DSCN0576

5-DSCN0572
8-DSCN0575

Christie - Fine Lines
    May 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Beautiful!! Just in time for Mother's Day!!

Patty Palmer
    May 2, 2012 at 9:04 pm

So pretty! I love the coffee filter idea. Will definitely use this idea!

Kristen
    May 2, 2012 at 9:10 pm

OMG! I may have to change my plans for Mother's Day and do this instead! My kids would be so excited, since I broke their hearts a couple weeks ago and told them we were done painting. I may have to break the paint out again for this project! Super cute! I look forward to seeing what you do in the future so I can use it in my class. I became inspired to use paint this year!!!! First time ever (after 13 years with no sink!) and I am hooked. I plan on buying lots of paint over the summer for next year.

Mrs. C
    May 2, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Beyond beautiful!!! Just made giant flowers to decorate for our school's senior brunch. (inspired by pics i saw on your blog) Will blog about it soon! Pinning this one!

Pat
    May 3, 2012 at 4:20 am

So lush, so gorgeous! You always inspire me!

cheryl alt
    May 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm

These are incredible. Did I miss the instructions somewhere for how you create the painted papers to cut the petals out of?

May 3, 2012 at 9:08 pm

We just used what was in our surplus of painted paper that we had painted in the beginning of the year. Students folded the paper 12 x 18 and drew the petals on the unpainted side, cut out and glued onto a circle. 🙂

May 3, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks guys!!! 🙂

Joelle
    May 10, 2012 at 3:36 am

The colours are fantastic! And I love the 3D effect! Very nice. Those coffee filters are so good to use for different projects!

Anonymous
    May 11, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Did you have any special way to arrange the coffee filter?

Katie
    May 12, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Thank you for this! I found these via google, and just made 2 with my 4 year old daughter for her grandmothers. They came out absolutely beautiful! I really appreciate your sharing them with us.

Cristal
    May 17, 2012 at 4:01 am

I love all the displays you have up over your school. My school has similar walls. However, it is VERY difficult to attach anything to the walls. Hot glue works but is a huge pain. What do you use to attach the butcher paper to the school walls? What do you use to attach the student work to the butcher paper?

Barbara
    May 17, 2012 at 5:52 am

Those are SO beautiful!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

May 17, 2012 at 10:58 am

Thanks! I glue- (Elmers glue all) the projects to the display paper, then I use blue sticky tack and attach it to the edge of the display paper . BTW it hangs for 3-4 months on the walls.

JamieSarra
    May 31, 2012 at 10:46 pm

What grade level did you do this lesson with?

June 4, 2012 at 12:22 am

4th and 5th. The fourth graders really had creative ideas! 🙂

Joe
    June 13, 2012 at 1:34 pm

So happy to have seen these : )

dreampainters
    August 23, 2012 at 11:10 am

Just superb. I can't wait to try this, it's beautiful!

AprilJW
    September 12, 2012 at 12:27 am

Hi Thanks for including such detailed info about how you made these. I love art and making my own creative pieces but I find it hard to translate it into simplier art lessons I can do with my students 🙂 Thank you 🙂

sawant
    September 13, 2012 at 12:02 pm

its simpli guddd

Dallas shredding
    October 24, 2012 at 1:18 am

These artworks are really lovely. These are just perfect for children because they get to develop their creativity and at the same time can use recycled materials. Therefore; they are also learning how to help preserve the environment. Thank you for this post. This will surely inspire several others to try this out or come up with other creative works and designs.

Anonymous
    April 28, 2013 at 5:01 am

On the flowers and vase, did the children use tempra paint or watercolor paint? What were the directions for painting the paper to be cut into flowers and vase?
    Darling! Will get starting in Sept! 🙂
    Thanks,
    Kathy

April 30, 2013 at 4:10 pm

On the vase and flowers we used tempera paint. I had the students paint paper previously then they cut the shapes out and glued them together to create the shape. The vase is folded paper draw half a shape of a vase then cut.

Allen jeley
    December 24, 2015 at 12:04 am

Amazing post and I also like painted paper for creativity and this article great help me how to paint a simple paper and how make any design thanks for sharing rephrase my sentence .

Elena Mezhak
    March 1, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Отличная идея! Интересный блог. Спасибо)))