9 In 4th grade/ 5th grade/ Art Club/ Picasso

Picasso’s Cardboard Guitars

Need to use up old scraps of cardboard? Why not turn them into guitars.

picasso-guitars_5537978965_o

Our inspiration….
picassos-painted-guitar_5538020325_o
Students drew the guitars- No tracers- on corrugated paper, cut out shape then added cardboard necks with jute strings with toilet paper tube holding the strings up and with some funky oil pastels designs and buttons to complete the look.

picasso-guitars_5537978921_o

picasso-guitars_5537979003_o

These kids really let there hair down at 8:15 in the morning! Groovy Man….

Laura

Wendy
    March 19, 2011 at 1:28 am

These are fabulous! I will definitely be appropriating this idea soon! I really enjoy your blog and find many ideas to use in my classroom. Thank you for your efforts.
    Wendy

Janie B
    March 19, 2011 at 2:03 am

Very cute idea!

Calling All Sleepyheads
    March 19, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Awesome-I have some corrugated paper-now I know what to do with it!

Phyl
    March 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I'm in love! I can picture my kids strumming these up and down the halls, “rocking out”!! I don't even think I need to tie it in w/Picasso or anyone – I want to do it JUST FOR FUN!!!

March 19, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Thanks guys!
    Phyl, I know they are so fun! I just always try to “Standards based” every project. 🙂 The kids who are not in Art Club are asking who made those????? I always try to have some different projects to keep the clients coming for next years club.HAHA

Ricky Addy
    March 29, 2011 at 7:24 am

Great creative pics. I really likes these all pics……..

paper corrugating machine

Do Art!
    April 1, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Great project! I am going to try this project with one of my summer classes-I've done Picasso style guitars in various ways-check out my blog-DoArtImagineExploreCreat.blogspot.com for a blue period lesson. (if you like)

I have also done a painted wood cut out guitar (using collage materials and twisteez wire for the strings) as a Willam H.Johnson lesson-kids LOVE that one! Thanks for sharing-I added you to my blog list.

Your banner is wonderful too and is inspiring me for an upcoming Hundertwasser lesson I have scheduled. Did you get the idea from him? It has a very similar feel to his work.

Edna
    From Do Art!

April 1, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Thanks Edna!
    The header was just a mural I had 2nd and 3rd graders create. I put up the paper and told them to paint flowers. 4th graders came in next and added oil pastels designs. 2nd graders made the little houses. SO fun and SOOO easy! 🙂

Eves Studio
    May 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Wow!!! awesome idea….i will definately be trying this out with art camp this summer…..ill even bring in my guitar for reference!!!!