Inspired by various Picasso’s Still Lifes ?
This project adds many art concepts together.
Collage, Overlapping, Highlight, Shading, Crosshatching, Line, Symmetry,
1. Pick 2 various printed paper for wallpaper, glue down to background
2. Create a symmetrical wacky table out of black construction paper. Glue down
3 Paint with vivid brush strokes on table
4. Draw in pencil at least 5 different fruits: Grapes, Oranges, Apples, Bananas, Pineapples, Strawberries etc.
5. Paint with tempera paint the various fruits. Let Dry
1. Continue painting fruit if needed. Let Dry.
2. Use Oil pastels to shade the fruit creating Highlights and Shadows. Explain Crosshatching.
3. Cut out fruit and glue down on tables to create a collage still life. Overlapping Shapes.
4. Use painted paper to create bottles or bowls if desired.
1. Students will outline every shape with wide angle sharpie to create bold black lines.
12 x 18 Black construction paper for table
12 x 18 colored construction paper for background
Printed wallpaper and origami paper
Various colors of tempera paint
Chisel Sharpie Markers
Painted paper scraps