Don’t you just love the crazy patterns on these! I loved this project because it is a great intro to the world of lines.
How many different lines can you create? We talked about zig-zag, wavy, straight, thick, thin, dashed, dotted just to name a few.
1. The students used a 9 x 18 piece of paper and glued down 2 vertical 12 inch strips.
2. They then used 5-9 inch strips, some painted some colored construction paper, and cut different lines down the center of the strips to create more lines.
3. After a fun pattern was laid out the students glued them down horizontally.
4. Next, we used Crayola’s new twistables color sticks to add designs on top of the paper and also around the lines.
5. Lastly they cut fringes in the ends and added some paint designs as well.
These were created by 3rd graders in a 40 minute class.
Keep on Creating!